Recently I logged into my XBOX Live account after not signing on for a while and checked my Transaction History. I had 160 points on my account the last time I logged in last June (2013) which I had planned on purchasing an item for my Fable character.
On 7/1/2013, without ANY notice either in email or the many contact methods that Microsoft demands to have to use in the numerous ANNOYING need to 'verify my account', the points were unceremoniously and unilaterally 'expired' and cancelled without compensation.
I want anyone and everyone to know that these virtual points that are acquired by spending our time and effort to acquire or by allowing these companies to invade our privacy with their 'loyalty' programs are an illusion that they can take away from you like this after they have received the benefit they want from you.
My wife had 400 Points on her XBOX Live account also along from Bing Rewards in addition to the same 160 from a previous effort. She recently got an email that XBOX Points were being retired in lieu of using you local currency, US Dollars in our case. When she went to check to see what the email was about, she also discovered her previous 160 points were similarly 'expired' and taken away without compensation. At least in her case the 400 XBOX points that were purchased with Bing Rewards points were still there and converted to something of value but the other 160 points in both our cases were not.
Neither of us received any emails or any other notification that the points were being expired. Their value was just TAKEN AWAY.
These are the same companies that cry FOUL via the DMCA when their intellectual property is similarly taken away by 'piracy'. What do they call it when they STEAL things of value from their customers. Nothing. They don't consider that a problem at all.
No wonder consumers ignore their view just like our views are ignored in cases like this.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xbox Live Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Horrible Customer Service, I have 3 days trying to contact the support to fix one problem they have with my subscription and continuous wait for an answer. Alexander just reply..."
- "If you want to purchase rosetta stone, please do not purchase from the websites above, its a ripoff, the person that manages that website is some girl in china, that..."
- "I made an order of 2 games hard to find games from Atronica via game.co.uk but both items sent are wrong, I asked for: [ Tales of Symphonia & Tales..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "So i think Nordstrom needs to take note to how the seattle employees Courtney from bridal in particular treat customers that are not white. I am a black woman and..."
- "Trying to ask about my order status today through their chat service. ABSOLUTELY PISSED. The order is a pre-order item, so I understand they are trying to get it and..."
- "maaco of Puyallup are two faced. Took my car in for a paint job, that turned out horrible. Paint cracked and there was overspray on my tires and wheels, even..."