Recently I logged into my XBOX Live account after not signing on for a while and checked my Transaction History. I had 160 points on my account the last time I logged in last June (2013) which I had planned on purchasing an item for my Fable character.
On 7/1/2013, without ANY notice either in email or the many contact methods that Microsoft demands to have to use in the numerous ANNOYING need to 'verify my account', the points were unceremoniously and unilaterally 'expired' and cancelled without compensation.
I want anyone and everyone to know that these virtual points that are acquired by spending our time and effort to acquire or by allowing these companies to invade our privacy with their 'loyalty' programs are an illusion that they can take away from you like this after they have received the benefit they want from you.
My wife had 400 Points on her XBOX Live account also along from Bing Rewards in addition to the same 160 from a previous effort. She recently got an email that XBOX Points were being retired in lieu of using you local currency, US Dollars in our case. When she went to check to see what the email was about, she also discovered her previous 160 points were similarly 'expired' and taken away without compensation. At least in her case the 400 XBOX points that were purchased with Bing Rewards points were still there and converted to something of value but the other 160 points in both our cases were not.
Neither of us received any emails or any other notification that the points were being expired. Their value was just TAKEN AWAY.
These are the same companies that cry FOUL via the DMCA when their intellectual property is similarly taken away by 'piracy'. What do they call it when they STEAL things of value from their customers. Nothing. They don't consider that a problem at all.
No wonder consumers ignore their view just like our views are ignored in cases like this.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xbox Live Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Avast's free trial is a scam! (It took a lot of my time to figure out how this scam works). To avoid getting sued by Avast, I stipulate that..."
- "Buyer Beware!! You will have to root your phone to use 80% of the features. In order to use any social media tracking, email or browser history the phone must..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "I own a 1992 Nissan Maxima, had it since 1992. Five here ago, I returned home after after six month. The car was stored in my garage. It would not..."
- "Someone please tell me how this nearly clear "color" is the hot pink color they advertise as ATTITUDE???? this was the biggest rip off I've probably ever fallen for. I..."
- "My computer is being held hostage by these bozos. First, they claimed my warranty was expired which was bogus because I've had this Yoga tablet for barely a year. They..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."