Microsoft - XBOX Live Points expired with NO NOTICE

Recently I logged into my XBOX Live account after not signing on for a while and checked my Transaction History. I had 160 points on my account the last time I logged in last June (2013) which I had planned on purchasing an item for my Fable character.

On 7/1/2013, without ANY notice either in email or the many contact methods that Microsoft demands to have to use in the numerous ANNOYING need to 'verify my account', the points were unceremoniously and unilaterally 'expired' and cancelled without compensation.

I want anyone and everyone to know that these virtual points that are acquired by spending our time and effort to acquire or by allowing these companies to invade our privacy with their 'loyalty' programs are an illusion that they can take away from you like this after they have received the benefit they want from you.

My wife had 400 Points on her XBOX Live account also along from Bing Rewards in addition to the same 160 from a previous effort. She recently got an email that XBOX Points were being retired in lieu of using you local currency, US Dollars in our case. When she went to check to see what the email was about, she also discovered her previous 160 points were similarly 'expired' and taken away without compensation. At least in her case the 400 XBOX points that were purchased with Bing Rewards points were still there and converted to something of value but the other 160 points in both our cases were not.

Neither of us received any emails or any other notification that the points were being expired. Their value was just TAKEN AWAY.

These are the same companies that cry FOUL via the DMCA when their intellectual property is similarly taken away by 'piracy'. What do they call it when they STEAL things of value from their customers. Nothing. They don't consider that a problem at all.

No wonder consumers ignore their view just like our views are ignored in cases like this.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Xbox Live Service
Review category
review #480249 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Microsoft? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Microsoft. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Microsoft.
Filing a new complaint about