Ludington, Michigan

I've contacted Microsoft many times to get a new drive installation activated because a drive that I had been using for more a few months was blocked from working.The software was purchased from Amazon prior to release of 8 in October of 2012.

As a result of software stopping disk from working both drives with windows 8 on one drive with windows 7 professional along with files were now unaccessable. I needed to now to reinstall on new drives losing past information but now the products I had paid for and registered with Microsoft site (record of file should be on file). Much time lost. Monopoly business practices practiced.

Had problems previously with a completely different version of windows 7 professional. I think Bill Gates should have to complainees but then his idea of customer concerns would never get past entry person.

I guess after you are rich your product can fail and you Bill are not bothered.Too bad competion no longer exists.

Had an Experience with Microsoft?

Comments

Similar issue happened to me.Got it with a new laptop, had to restore...

boom, key blocked (yes, the one hardcoded into the freaking machine). They won't support it since it's supposedly a manufacturer problem. Their techs will not tell me what is wrong with the key. This laptop is now running a GNU OS.

Yeah, certainly not optimal because now I can't run a bunch of stuff like Netflix, but I'm not having their *** anymore.

Microshafted again!:( This certainly has me looking into Apple products a bit more seriously now.