After the anniversary 'creative' update, I can no longer organize my documents using Office 2016 Pro + because I cannot add folders or rename a folder.The process hangs up and I have to sometimes reboot (even Task Manager won't stop the process) to get the screens out of the way to go on to other things.

It's been an issue now for several months. I see no real information about this issue except for win7 and 8. This is a stand alone computer on a network, but there is no file sharing with the network, only the router and modem. I've inquired of Windows Secrets group with no response.

I've inquired at other forums with no response that works. I'm not a computer guru. The software owner Microsoft should fix this or tell why they can't so we can move on to other machines or OSs.

Microsoft is leaving it up to their Insider program to have people fix problems which they themselves should be solving immediately, but it seems everyone is left to their own devises--despicable!And highly unethical.

Review about: Microsoft Windows 10 Software Upgrade.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Microsoft?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1346066

Looks like a permission issue.Check the permissions for the desktop folder.

In Windows Explorer right click on the desktop folder, select properties and there go to the security tab.

You should have write permission for that folder.You might also try searching online for a solution as you are probably not alone with this problem.

to h.kitchener #1346083

Yes, I have write permission. Interestingly, no post on the Internet which I found, indicated a need for permission--Nor did the technicians at Microsoft. I suppose there's a reason for putting this somewhere (I have no idea why.) I'm not a computer guru--don't want to be--just need a computer that works the way I use it; CPM line commands were much simpler back in the 1980s along with some of the MS-DOS and PC-DOS commands and even the .DB II ...one wonders how Win10 ended up so obtuse and difficult to use?

Steilacoom, Washington, United States #1346052

I was finally able to contact and use Microsoft technicians who took remote control of my system to fix the issue.It seemed they did...then it wasn't fixed.

They did a second remote fix...and said I'd need to download windows 10 ISO and reinstall as my Win10 was corrupted.

I did that; download and tried to install the ISO file...and the ISO would not install.

I dealt with the issue which now seemed intermittent; could add a folder sometimes, other times not; could rename a folder sometimes, sometimes not.

Right now everything is working as it should--I have no idea what went on to right what was wrong.