Verified Reviewer

My company paid for Microsoft technical support. I logged a ticket for an Exchange issue that went back and forth between a couple of teams, and they were never able to resolve the issue.

They continually tried things that had already been done. They frequently asked me to go to third party sites and essentially work on the issue myself. The issue was never resolved. The engineers were no more expert than me, and I was extremely frustrated and bewildered that Microsoft could have such poor support.

That was my first experience and thought it must be a fluke. Later, I logged another ticket for a different Exchange related issue for another customer, and this time it was even worse. My ticket was never even assigned to an engineer! In desperation, we logged another ticket for this issue but increased the severity to A.

At least it was assigned to an engineer. After a day or so, we finally got a call and got an engineer on the phone. After 'troubleshooting' for maybe an hour, the engineer dropped off the call without notice and never returned. I never received a follow-up.

There was even a supposed 'technical lead' on the Teams meeting that we asked if the engineer would return. The answer was, 'he's having technical difficulty. I'll see what I can do.' That was 9 days ago. I've reached out but nada.

No explanation, nothing. If I worked for a company that was relying on Microsoft support for a critical issue that was impacting my business, the loss would be catastrophic.

User's recommendation: Don't rely on Microsoft to be there when you need expert support. Get a third party lined up or use Linux.

Product or Service Mentioned: Microsoft Technical Support.

Microsoft Pros: Easy to log a ticket.

Microsoft Cons: Technical support is the worst, Cannot depend on tech support, Waste of time and money.

Location: Louisville, Kentucky