2.5
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Astonishing experience, far worse than dealing with, say, the DMV on its worst day. In addition to being transferred or hung up on several times, I was told, time and time again, "We will help you." Because my Word 2013 is on a business license, I was transferred to one number; because it's a volume license, I was transferred to another. Just today I dialed three Microsoft customer support numbers AND was cut off a bunch of times.

Clearly Microsoft's customer service culture has a three-pronged platform:

* Offer to help the customer.

* Transfer the customer.

* Reveal, after wasting much of the customer's time, that you cannot provide help.

I told the same story, over and over. I answered the same questions, over and over. I was told by two different reps that I could get help without being charged. The guy I finally reached, at the "direct hotline," said that my only option was to see if my company has a support account with Microsoft, then have the IT department submit a help ticket and pay $499 for an issue that might not be resolved. (If IT could fix this rather complex issue in the first place, I wouldn't be have contacted Microsoft.)

Granted, it's true that the problems I'm having with the product are due to its fundamental design flaws, which aren't gonna change, but still... this was easily the very worst customer service experience I can think of that doesn't involve, say, surgeons cutting off the wrong leg.

At least Microsoft tries to be friendly while refusing to help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Microsoft Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Fix the bloating issue that has affected files since the release of Word 2007. Stop filling document files with duplicate photo files..

I didn't like: Fact that word has become nearly unusable.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 05, 2016.

Comments