Usability

The lamest customer "service" ever. My account got locked.

I couldn't unlock it as the only given solution was to accept a text. Apparently it never occurred to their ITs that some of us prefer to have texting disabled. The super-moronic virtual "assistant" wasted 20 minutes of my time, and trying to get to a live person through the Microsoft site was more than I was worth. I finally got a number off a direct Google search and got to a live TECHNICAL support person.

I know it was technical because I had to chose from an endless menu before the VM system would let me through. I eventually accomplished this feat by ignoring all the "I am sorry I do not understand" (in response to my explanation of why I was calling), and repeating endlessly "customer service". Yay! A LIVE person at last!

Well... after asking me a couple of inane questions and me explaining the problem again, he told me he couldn't help me as he was not a technical person! He offered to switch me to someone who could help and the next thing I knew I was listening to a recorded message - at around 2 PM Pacific - that the offices are closed and are only open from 9 AM to 9 PM. Evidently these offices are in an entirely different time zone than the US, and maybe are on a different planet all together.

I then got thanked and hung up on. Seriously???!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Microsoft Technical Support.

I didn't like: Run around total lack of helpfulness or competence, Customer service, Wont resolve my problem.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 31.

Comments