1.7
Style and Design
Usability

Even as a premium, long-term customer, I have had repeated problems with Skype, from their poorly tested and unwelcome forced "upgrades", to their abysmal customer service, to their silly rules, but my most recent experiences take the cake. I called because they penalized me for having an expired credit card, when in fact I had listed an alternate card, and even had paid for that particular service last year with the new card.

Instead of satisfaction, I got weasel rationalizations for incredible incompetence by Skype and their ham-handed owner, Microsoft. In the process of trying to solve this issue, I noticed they had double charged me last year. I had a monthly service that I upgraded to annual, and they continued to charge me for monthly service. They said it was my fault for not canceling the monthly service, and would not refund the money!!!

So, the largest s/w company in the world can't handle routine upgrades? Baloney! I am heavily connected to Skype because I have given out my skype number to many people, and it would affect my business to change, but I would NEVER advise anyone to sign up. To top it off, the chat service is extremely slow, both to reach and to chat with.

Terrible!

Product or Service Mentioned: Skype Digital Phone Service.

Reason of review: too numerous to list here.

Preferred solution: Pay me back, make better rules, improve service.

I liked: Used by many people.

I didn't like: Microsofts apparent arrogance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 03, 2016.

Comments