59 views

Advanced Reviewer
Featured
2.0

Update by user Aug 05, 2021

A couple of weeks after filing a consumer complaint with the Washington State Attorney General, things began to move a little. I have received more friendly messages from another Microsoft relationship manager promising to look into my e-mail problem. I’m holding my breath :-)

Update by user Jul 29, 2021

I recently had an additional issue with my Outlook account. After several weeks of foot dragging, On July 22 a Microsoft “relationship manager” at named Ricardo Sérgio sent me an extremely rude and offensive message, denying that there is any issue and closing the case. This is an extremely unprofessional and irresponsible move on Microsoft’s part.

Original review updated by user Jul 08, 2021

I write scholarly books. Building, fixing and upgrading computers is my hobby.

I have been a loyal Microsoft customer for over thirty years, paying it thousands of dollars for its products. I have also been a Microsoft Beta Tester, Windows Insider and Office Insider, giving Microsoft a great deal of invaluable feedback for free. I have a paid Microsoft 365 subscription. Last year there were very serious bugs in Microsoft Word, including disappearing display and cursor.

I had to switch to another word processor and back again. This year, for several weeks I tried to get Microsoft to resolve another well-known issue with my Word software. They opened two Service Requests for this issue and had four Tier 3 engineers in India work on it but none of them resolved my issue. They sent me e-mail messages from unmonitored addresses that could not be replied to.

They promised to call me at a certain time but did not. One of their T3 engineers in Greece offered to call me but never did. Last month there seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel. I received a phone call from a good Microsoft support engineer in Costa Rica who spent three support sessions with me trying to resolve my issue.

He was professional, knowledgeable and patient but my issue, which had begun with the bugs in Word, remained unresolved. I also had many issues with Microsoft Skype. My messages to Microsoft President Brad Smith and to his VP Chris Capossela were rudely deleted without being read. Finally, Microsoft offered me a two-month MS 365 subscription when I have already paid it for an annual subscription.

This arrogant customer-unfriendliness is not worthy of Microsoft and badly damages its reputation. Let us hope Microsofts managers re-think their handling of the bugs in their products and of customer service.

User's recommendation: Microsoft buyer beware.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Microsoft Pros: Sophisticated products.

Microsoft Cons: Buggy products, Unresponsive management.

Explore video interviews