You can close this case. I do not have the number for it from March 14. I called today and had to open a new case number which was 1200254127. You can close that one also. The service on this request is totally unsatisfactory. The person with whom I spoke on March 14 told me that the issue was being "escalated". When I asked what that meant, I was told that they would need some more information and would need a copy of the card that was not usable. I provided that and waited four days with no response. When I called today, I spoke with at least three or four people who told me that I had not reached the right department, even though I was transferred by another agent after describing what I needed. I finally spoke with a man whose name I think was Robert and he told me quite curtly that it was not Microsoft's fault that I had destroyed the card and there was nothing they could do. He suggested that I return the card to Best Buy and attempt to get a refund. This was the first time in two phone calls that I had heard that kind of response. I exploded a little and asked for his supervisor. The supervisor, whose name I believe was Joe, finally told me that I could contact Microsoft retail and they could give me a refund which I could then use at the Microsoft store to purchase a product key online or by telephone. He told me he would transfer me to that department and, just in case I did not get a connection, he also gave me the telephone number direct (877 – 877 – 0037). After he transferred my call, I was connected to an operator who had no idea what I needed or how to get it. I told her that I would just call the number that Joe had given me and see if I could get the service I needed. When I dialed that number, I received a message stating that that number was not in service.

I called Best Buy and they will attempt to give me proper credit and a product key which I can use but that remains to be seen.

Microsoft customer support seems to be composed of a bunch of people who know only how to shuttle calls and know nothing about solving problems or about how to refer a customer to a section that can solve the problem or answer the question posed. I suppose that is the reason there are innumerable complaints about Microsoft customer support on multiple complaint websites on the Internet. So, close my case as not settled satisfactorily. I will be exploring how to get as far as I can from Microsoft and your software. If you wish to contact me regarding this, my contact information is complete in the original message, as I was instructed to provide – – although I am uncertain why I was to provide it as it was totally ignored.

Product or Service Mentioned: Microsoft Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 18, 2013.

Comments