I purchased a new laptop and Microsoft Office from a retailer.After starting the new computer and connecting to the internet, I tried to download Microsoft Office from their website.

After I entered the license key, a message appeared on my screen that the key was not activated and that I needed to call 877 847 0222 to activate the product. The person that answered used the Microsoft name multiple times and said there was a "network infection" preventing the sotware from downloading. He said I could go to a service shop and waite 5 days, or his tech could fix it imediately. Unforunately, I fell for a high pressure sales pitch, and agreed to a 1 year "support contract".

After paying about $250 with a credit card, they were able to "fix" the problem. Apparently the Micorsoft site or the network was hacked by them - there the no way this shoud have happened.

Apparently this company normally cold calls with "information" that your computer has been hacked and needs repair.

They use a similar high pressure sell for a service contract to fix nothing.They have now found a way to make the "mark" call them.

Review about: Incompetent Technical Support.

I didn't like: Scam.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Microsoft Office Suite
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Microsoft?

Comments

Hi, can you email us at info@alldaytechsupport.com with your order information so we can see who were the agents involved in this?

We do not allow deceptive marketing so this is very serious to us.

Thanks!

All Day Tech Support

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #933263

agreed - this number is a scam, I also gave them computer access but cut them off as soon as they started talking about all the infections I had and that my network was infected and they needed me to pay them for a level 4 technician to clean my computer.